10. C: I have watched you become more and more amazing for over six years now. I’ve seen your confidence grow so much. You’ve really been starting to come into your own and become comfortable in your own skin over the past few years. With these new developments though, I feel there is more and more distance between you and I. We used to talk every damn day back in high school. No matter how much we say we’re going to chill together, we both know it isn’t going to happen because we both have our “circles,” we both have conflicting schedules, and I’m not the type to nag people for their time. I’m still proud of you even if you can’t see it on my face.
9. John: Come back now, please. Miss chilling with you and now summer is more than half over. Chillin ain’t chillin without you duder! The need for money has basically made it impossible for us to hang like the old days. Guess we’re getting old, eh?
8. M: I have already made it clear how I felt about you a few years ago. We’ve gone in and out of each other’s lives every year for six years it seems and I finally got tired of it. I think we rushed things by trying to pretend nothing was wrong with that the last time it happened. This most recent time, the ball was finally in my court to put a stop to the off and on friendship. I put it on ice, now we’re taking baby steps in the right direction, and everything is working out fine so far. I’d love to meet up one day and finally explain these things to you, but I’m not rushing it because I know how we are.
7. Santiago AKA Big Tito: I’ve been thinking about how long we’ve known each other (about 8 years) and keep saying, “Fuuuuuuuuuuhreal?” We’ve been bros for a damn long time. No problem about the iPad thing. Can’t wait to chill and eat burgers tomorrow after my stupid shift. Glad we’re hanging out regularly lately and doing things other than playing video games. I don’t hate games, but it would be a sin to waste the beautiful weather. We need to make a New Hampshire trip happen ASAP!
6. Nicole: You and I are just meant to be tested it seems. I’m not talking about us testing each other, but the struggles keep popping up for us no matter where we go, from Intro to Electronic Media, to Electronic Publications, to running the ASA group, to our current loan issues and new workplace. I love it though. The two of us are right there with each other through all of these moments. I can’t picture not having you to complain to about these events. I’m pretty sure you’ve helped me more than I’ve helped you, but I love how you’re fine with that because you are selfless and we don’t keep score. :D
5. Ch: Bro, where the hell are you? I understand you’re passionate about certain hobbies, but who leaves people in the dust because they don’t really want to participate with them? I don’t ask you to draw with me or go to a museum or comic shop when we hang out. Nope, it is always what you want to do. I’m not mad, but I wish you saw how you’ve never really let me come up with a suggestion. I was a follower for a big part of my life and I can’t go back to those ways. Other relationships have faded out for that very reason and it sucks that I see it happening after we were bros for so long.
4. MK: You’ve been gone for over a year. I really wish we got to catch up after we graduated, but you were taken from us before I could even reconnect with you. We spent our college years not talking much to each other, focusing on our academics, but for what? You didn’t even have a chance to feel freedom from an academic setting for more than a week. I thought I knew about not taking my time here for granted, but your tragedy was a crash course on the subject. You did so much and touched so many lives in such a short period of time that it still amazes me today. I never told anyone this, but that rainy day when I knelt at your casket and asked God to keep you with him I felt a warmth come over me that I had never felt before that moment. It was all the assurance I needed to know that you’re at peace.
3. Anyone interested in my artwork: You have no idea how much you guys mean to me. The fact that people as far as Egypt, Australia, France, and Germany, and as close as my own friends and family enjoy the things I create gives me a drive and a reason to even be here on this green Earth. Your support, down to the smallest click of the like button, is so important to me. Thank you so much!
2. Josh: Our dream is coming together with every month it seems. I’m so glad we have found a way for us to collaborate. All it took was for one of us to do the writing while the other (me) gets enough creative freedom by inking the way they want. I’m happy, you’re happy, and the results so far are awesome. I wish you’d get your ass back at the drafting table and draw more pages though. New York Comic Con is coming soon dude!
1. You were too awesome for no one to notice. I failed to take enough steps for us to get any closer. It really sucked for a bit when I heard you were off the market. I’ve never been more jealous of anyone in so long than I am of him. Not even some great artists skills are as enviable to me than to be in his place. In any case, I’m glad you’re happy and he seems to really care about you. Know this though…at the risk of sounding weird, when you folded your laundry in front of me that time, I could have kissed you, proposed to you, married you, and died a happy man. No one I’ve met has ever made me feel so comfortable around them and felt that instantly comfortable around me on the initial hangout. I think about that day so much that it’s sad. It probably didn’t mean half as much to you, but that is fine with me. I’m just glad it happened.
Hey there new and old followers! I want to welcome you to my tumblr! Here are a few things you should know and sites you should know about to help you get better acquainted with me and my artwork.
-I have a BA in graphic design and I have been an illustrator for eleven years.
-I am currently available for all types of commissioned work so holler!
-You can drop me a line in my ask box about anything really. Feel free to give me feedback or ask for art tips/advice.
-I can be found at the following links:
MY STORE where some of my original work is currently cheap and on sale.
MY TWITTER where I post samples of work/tips/ramblings/quotes daily.
MY FACEBOOK where you can add me and we can be real friends (sort of)
My myspace…nah forget that
MY PORTFOLIO TUMBLR where you can see a large archive of all of my work.
ALSO add me on PSN if you want to play some Call of Duty/MK/Red Dead Redemption: mrjake786.
I believe that is it for now. Please feel free to add/follow those accounts and so forth or get in touch with me. I love meeting new artists/art lovers and would like to hear what you have to say and help you out in your artistic pursuits!
Have a great weekend!
Hello followers new and old! I see a lot of new faces and I want to send out a friendly welcome to all of you! I started the tumblr you are following today as an online portfolio. As you can tell it grew out of control into an up to date art blog of finished works and works in progress. At first it was tame and organized, but I could not keep up with the organization with each post and my growing number of followers. So I threw in the towel and made it into the hub of my recent work that you see here. Recent followers who are looking to get a grasp on the whole span of my work will want to check out the new blog.
Now rather than have you keep going back to the archives, I have settled on a new portfolio tumblr that acts as an archive for all of my design/illustration work from the past few years. It is all organized into categories such as ad campaigns, book redesigns, digital illustration, and concert posters. Please feel free to follow that tumblr as well, but know that I will update the current tumblr you are following more frequently.
Thanks so much for following!
NEW PORTFOLIO TUMBLR!
Thanks to everyone who consistently follows this tumblr blog. It is the longest running blog I’ve maintained since the Myspace era (RIP). I have found Tumblr to be one of the most user friendly and most accessible blogging sites on the interwebs so I’m pretty fond of it. I am currently updating my presence all over the internets to better optimize my search engine hits and googleability (like this post for new words!) therefore I was googling myself recently and hence this posting idea dawned on me.
Here is a link to an interview I did with my brother Joshua for Lynn Happens.com. Please check it out if you haven’t to get a better insight into what we do and our artistic development.